Our clients span the full corporate spectrum from multinationals and large privately owned companies, through to Government entities, accounting firms, B Corps™, start-ups, and angel investors. We work with a range of New Zealand and offshore companies at various stages of their business journeys to help achieve their goals.
Talk to us if you are:
- A New Zealand company setting up, expanding or acquiring other companies abroad
- An overseas company looking to invest, or investing, in New Zealand
- A start-up business, or you are looking to invest in one
- A franchisor looking to increase your presence, or establish your franchise in New Zealand
- A company in a growth phase wanting to raise capital, or
- A company considering an exit strategy for your business
We advise businesses throughout their corporate lifecycle, across the full scale of corporate and commercial work, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions (including Overseas Investment Office consents)
- Joint ventures
- Company restructurings
- Shareholder disputes or issues
- Debt and equity securities offerings
- Capital raising
- General corporate and commercial legal requirements
We work closely with specialists in our firm in related disciplines including tax, competition, consumer and public law so we can ensure you’re covered for regulatory approvals or want to structure your business in a tax-efficient way. We also act as outsourced in-house counsel for clients without an in-house role, which sees us often called upon to support management teams with strategic business advice.
We also work with large multinational corporates and international law firms on their client’s affairs in New Zealand. With strong referral relationships worldwide, we are the members of global legal network, TerraLex, and the International Trademark Association (INTA).
We also have a proven track record connecting companies with investment capital. We thrive linking the new and innovative to angel investment, listing or partial merger / acquisitions. Likewise, if you want to go public – we can help prepare you go to market, assist with your business as usual issues, governance requirements, and planning your exit strategy. Our franchising experience has seen us assist franchisors wanting to expand their business footprint and ensuring that the set these up with all the correct legal requirements; as well as franchisees looking to protect their interests.
A number of our clients are existing (or soon to be) business owners who are looking to buy or sell their life’s work. If you’re in this position, we can help you to extract value from your biggest investment.