“Amongst the very best local counsel we work with worldwide” - World Trade Mark Review survey response.
I am an intellectual property (IP) and consumer law specialist. I co-lead the firm’s IP practice.
My aim to help clients make commercially sensible decisions around IP protection and in IP disputes.
I also assist clients with IP commercialisation, privacy matters, and in relation to advertising (script, storyboard, and concept reviews) and packaging claims.
My IP work has a brand bias, and I act for both local and international brand owners in clearing, protecting, enforcing and commercialising their brands in New Zealand and elsewhere.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for Trade Me in oppositions against trade mark applications filed by NZMe.
- Advising a leading food business on its digital and TV campaigns.
- Advising a global business on its New Zealand obligations following a data breach.
- Advising on nutritional claims and health claims in relation to foods.
I am a member of the following:
- New Zealand Law Society
- New South Wales Law Society
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA)
- New Zealand Intellectual Property Office trade mark practice committee
- New Zealand Intellectual Property Office hearings office practice committee
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Hillary Award – board member.
Managing IP – IP Star 2017, 2018, and 2019.
World Trade Mark Review – Leading IP Practitioner 2017, 2018, and 2019.