I am a project and development lawyer who specialises in property developments and off-the-plans projects. I also advise on a range of residential and commercial property transactions and disputes, construction matters and commercial leasing.
I have acted for national and regional developers and private landowners in all aspects of residential subdivision and construction, including new builds, unit titles and residents’ associations.
My regular property practice includes assisting with land acquisitions and providing due diligence, advising on joint venture developments, negotiating contract terms, organising finance and documenting security arrangements, structuring entities, advising on asset management strategies, providing advice on disputes, and facilitating the titling and sales process. My commercial expertise includes advising clients on business acquisitions and sales, negotiating leases and advising on lease disputes for both landlords and tenants, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, and documenting security arrangements. I have also acted for lenders and banks in documenting lending and security arrangements for business acquisitions.
Recent examples of work include:
- Acting for reputable Wellington/Lower Hutt developer with all stages of several off-the-plans developments – ranging from 12-lot to 40-lot.
- Acting for established Wairarapa developer with multi-stage subdivision.
- Advising on 25-year joint venture and security/financing arrangements between national developer/affordable housing provider and Crown-owned entity.
- Acting for registered bank in documenting lending and security arrangements for supermarket and café/roastery purchases.
- Presenting to real estate agents on obligations and property law developments.
I speak French, Spanish and Romanian, and I am conversational in New Zealand Sign Language.