I specialise in corporate and commercial law.
I regularly advise clients in relation to capital raising, shareholders’ agreements, obtaining consent under the Overseas Investment Act, banking and finance, restructuring, technology contracts, collaborative agreements and joint ventures.
I have a keen interest in early stage and high growth businesses, especially those in the technology sector. I am a founding member of the Canterbury Angels investment network and a member of Canterbury Tech, a not-for-profit organisation that supports technology businesses.
My recent experience includes advising:
- Debtor Daddy, RedSeed and a number of other local early stage and high growth companies on capital raising and commercial matters.
- Craigmore Group in relation to Overseas Investment Act applications and commercial matters. Craigmore manages more than $250m of investor capital across farm land and forestry blocks within New Zealand.
- Business accelerator, Lighting Lab Christchurch on set-up, structuring and funding.
- ASB in relation to a number of large scale financing transactions with borrowers in the rural corporate and commercial sectors.
- Lincoln University (Research and Innovation) on contracts relating to research, consultancy and commercialisation and generally in respect to commercial dealings with funders, industry bodies and the business sector.