I specialise in employment and health and safety law. I have worked in dispute resolution for the entirety of my career, covering a wide range of civil, criminal, regulatory, employment and health and safety disputes. In recent years, I have refined my practice to focus on employment and health and safety.
I have acted for a broad range of clients including corporates, schools, start-ups, trusts and individual clients on workplace issues, from front end guidance to dispute resolution and representation including:
- Disciplinary and dismissal processes
- Independent investigations
- Performance management
- Medical incapacity
- Restructuring and redundancy
- Collective bargaining, strikes and lockouts
- Restraints of trade
- Holidays and leave
- Agreements and policies
- Independent contractor and triangular employment arrangements
- Personal grievances and employment litigation
- Privacy and human rights
- Official information requests and Ombudsman proceedings
- Health and safety advice, including officer duties
- WorkSafe investigations and prosecutions
I pride myself on providing advice with an outcome that is commercially minded and tailored to protect the client well after the ink dries on the settlement agreement.
I present at seminars and provide in-house training to clients. I am also a committee member of the Auckland branch of the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand, working to upskill and connect HR professionals across the region.