I also work with clients on a broad range of commercial legal matters including company law, entity creation and structuring, contracts, governance, commercial transactions (including buying and selling businesses) in addition to not-for-profit and charitable advice, including governance and complex trust matters.
My experience also includes advising a wide variety of not-for-profit organisations, from small local societies through to large multi-national charitable entities. I have acted as an advisory committee member for a national not-for-profit organisation, and attended many AGMs and SGMs to provide immediate advice on governance and process issues. My advice has included assisting with the modernisation and restructuring of large national organisations, and my advice has often focused on division of governance and management responsibilities, voting procedures, and complex member rights disputes. I have personal experience as a committee member and trustee of various not-for-profit groups.
Some of my recent experience includes:
- Providing advice on privacy implications of a product to an innovative technology company
- Urgent privacy breach response advice to the New Zealand branch of an international not-for-profit organisation
- Advising and representing an individual whose privacy has been breached in Human Rights Review Tribunal proceedings
- Providing privacy breach response advice (both pre and post breach)
- Providing workplace staff training on privacy law compliance
- Reviewing, drafting, and advising on governance documentation for various not-for-profit organisations, including advice about and attendance at general meetings
- Reviewing complex multiparty contracts
- Advising on commercial transactions for companies of various sizes (including share sales, shareholder agreements, governance disputes)
- Advising on complex trust law matters including beneficiary information rights, breach of trustee duties, and interpretation of settlor intention
I am a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals and the Property Law Section of the Law Society. I am also the convenor of the Legislation and Regulatory Reform Working Group of the Privacy Foundation.