My experience also includes
I also work with clients on a broad range of commercial legal matters including company law, entity creation and structuring, contracts, governance, commercial transactions (including buying and selling businesses) in addition to not-for-profit and charitable advice, including governance and complex trust matters.
Some of my recent experience includes:
- Providing advice on privacy implications of a product to an innovative technology company
- Urgent privacy breach response advice to the New Zealand branch of an international not-for-profit organisation
- Advising and representing an individual whose privacy has been breached in Human Rights Review Tribunal proceedings
- Providing privacy breach response advice (both pre and post breach)
- Providing workplace staff training on privacy law compliance
- Reviewing, drafting, and advising on governance documentation for various not-for-profit organisations, including advice about and attendance at general meetings
- Advising a variety of incorporated societies on the implications of the Incorporated Societies Act 2022 for their organisations, including conducting comprehensive reviews and updates of constitutions for compliance with the new legislation
- Reviewing complex multiparty contracts
- Advising on commercial transactions for companies of various sizes (including share sales, shareholder agreements, governance disputes)
- Advising on complex trust law matters including beneficiary information rights, breach of trustee duties, and interpretation of settlor intention.
My team have specialist expertise with charities and other not-for-profit entities, and are currently leading a number of clients through sector reform, especially with respect to providing guidance on the Incorporated Societies Act 2022 and helping societies get ready for re-registration under the Incorporated Societies Act 2022.
I am a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals and the Property Law Section of the Law Society. I am also the