I am a commercial lawyer in our Wellington office. My clients range from small owner-operated businesses to large corporate and government organisations.
I advise on commercial transactions and contracting, corporate governance and compliance, privacy and consumer law.
I value practical and straightforward legal advice.
I spent six years of my career in-house at Trade Me, Meridian Energy and The Optimation Group. I often take that in-house approach to my practice. I regularly work on a fixed-fee, retainer or secondment basis, both at clients’ offices and remotely, as best meets their needs.
I have specialist expertise in:
- The technology sector including software development, IT service outsourcing, strategic partnership or “teaming” arrangements, reseller and other distribution structures, and public-facing terms and conditions.
- Data protection and exploitation, including licensing and transfer, and the impact of international privacy regimes.
- Privacy, including conducting privacy impact assessments and responding to breaches and investigations.
- Intellectual property commercialisation and the supply or delivery of services with a heavy intellectual property focus.
- Consumer law including marketing and fair trading, and advertising standards.
- Helping to guide early-stage (start-up) businesses.
- The not-for-profit sector.
I have held governance roles at Capital Football, the Auckland Softball Foundation Charitable Trust, and St Patrick’s College, Silverstream.