I specialise in mergers and acquisitions, company restructurings, securities offerings and general corporate and commercial law. I have advised public companies, multinationals, government entities, large accounting firms and medium sized enterprises.
I regularly advise overseas companies on New Zealand M&A transactions and broader New Zealand legal matters. I take an active role in the firm's international practice and work frequently with international clients and law firms.
My recent experience includes advising:
- on a range of business sales and purchases for iconic New Zealand companies and large overseas based multinationals as well as for medium sized enterprises, such as,
- the sale of a well known insurance business,
- the sell down of a New Zealand ICT business, and
- the acquisition of a New Zealand ICT business by a US based purchaser.
- as part of a wider legal team, on the sale of an iconic NZ trustee business and the sale of a well known NZ funds management business.
I also advise on joint ventures, overseas investment consent, NZ securities law issues related to overseas mergers, issues relating to overseas businesses setting up NZ branches and generally advising on a range of commercial contracts.
I have been practicing law since 1999. I joined Duncan Cotterill in 2011, following over five years with a large top tier firm and, prior to that, several years with well known Sydney-based firms.