I provide a strategic commercial approach to resource management planning and reaching commercially viable solutions for our clients. I have a diverse rural practice assisting corporates and individuals in the dairy, sheep, beef and horticultural industries.
I’ve built up extensive expertise in the irrigation project area and I'm frequently approached to act on irrigation schemes and provide industry comment. I specialise in the application of the Resource Management Act to rural activities, with a particular focus on the strategic management of water/irrigation consents and applications for the discharge of contaminants in the rural environment.
I advise local authorities on resource management responsibilities, particularly on dairy farming applications, together with aggregate and mineral exploration activities.
My experience includes:
- Advising on subdivisions in the Port Hills area of Christchurch involving outstanding natural landscape issues.
- Managing the consent and appeal processes for Synlait’s dairy processing facility near Dunsandel.
- Conducting due diligence on the coastal permits required to operate a salmon fishery, including provisions to expand production over time.
- Advising 80 applicants in the Upper Waitaki catchment on irrigation proposals for sheep and beef farming and possible dairy development.
- Acting for quarrying companies on resource consent applications and appeals to the Environment Court.