I specialise in corporate/commercial and technology law, advising leading corporates and global entities. My areas of expertise include corporate advisory, mergers and acquisitions, capital raising, joint ventures, structuring and governance, licensing and franchising, consumer and privacy law, supply and distribution contracts and regulatory compliance.
My experience includes:
- Advising NSF International Food Safety LLC, a global provider of public health and safety risk management solutions on its strategic acquisition of Burwater Pacific Group (New Zealand’s leading food safety training, auditing and consultancy business).
- Acting on the merger of accounting and consulting firms HFK Limited and Marriotts Limited and its rebranding as Nexia New Zealand.
- Advising a blockchain based data processing, energy sector and data analytics business, on structuring, IP, share issues and capital raising.
- Acting for major Chinese meat and poultry suppliers on acquiring meat processing plants, and associated regulatory and ongoing compliance matters in New Zealand.
- Acting for global brands, Australian and New Zealand franchisor and retail clients on their IP, licensing, franchising, manufacturing and supply arrangements.
- Advising multiple large New Zealand organisations on consumer laws, credit contract terms, store card terms and conditions and PPSA registrations and enforcement.
- Advising multiple financial entities on the impact of financial service provider, financial adviser and anti-money laundering laws and privacy implications for the collection and disclosure of personal information.