I am a specialist immigration lawyer with over 13 years’ experience. In my role I provide practical advice and assistance to employers and individual migrants with all types of immigration matters.
As well as assisting individual clients, both onshore and offshore, with all types of visa applications, I provide professional assistance with complex immigration issues. This includes helping prepare complex medical and character waiver submissions, requests to the Minister of Immigration seeking the grant of special directions and appeals to the Immigration and Protection Tribunal (Tribunal). I also help clients contest their deportation liability.
For those individuals who wish to eventually secure residence in New Zealand, I work with them to help plan out a pathway to help successfully achieve this outcome, whilst working to keep the process as stress free as possible. Once eligible, I help them obtain New Zealand citizenship.
I assist businesses to obtain employer accreditation with Immigration New Zealand, and subsequently visas for migrant workers.
My recent experience includes:
- Securing the discretionary grant of residence under Ministerial special direction, for individuals who were otherwise ineligible for residence under any of the existing residence categories, based on their specific circumstances.
- Acting for a New Zealand resident to successfully help contest their deportation liability.
- Helping a client to secure a character waiver and further temporary visa where they had a pending legal matter.
- Preparing a successful appeal on behalf of a client to the Tribunal where it upheld submissions that INZ had incorrectly declined a Skilled Migrant Category residence application, where the individual worked in a franchise retail establishment.
- Securing the grant of visas for a group of workers from offshore to travel to New Zealand to complete specific specialised work on a million-dollar project.
I have presented seminars for licensed immigration advisers and lawyers. I have also had articles published on topics of interest.