Technology is a major source of competitive advantage for organisations but the increasing reliance upon it makes it an area of real risk. Our specialist technology team advises a range of private and public sector organisations who purchase IT services and manage IT projects which are large scale and complex. We also work alongside the technology companies driving this sector, whether in start-up mode, emerging phase or have made it on the local or global stage. The vast amount of work we do in this sector, the regularity of that work and the diversity of the projects gives us a deep understanding of what’s going on and how we can apply this to your project. What really sets us apart is our dedicated focus on ‘pure’ technology matters – supporting strategy and engagement on complex technology and transformation projects.
We also keep close to the sector through our ongoing support, and long standing sponsorship of the NZ Hi-Tech Awards. You can have total faith in the quality of our advice, our familiarity with the legal issues, and our understanding of the commercial challenges facing companies in relation to technology.
Our team advise clients on:
- ICT procurement processes, including negotiations, contract reviews, and service contracts
- Working with clients on collaboration arrangements
- M&A, capital raising and listing advice
- Assisting with all aspects of establishing international structures and operating globally
- Acquiring radiospectrum rights
- Advising on regulatory issues in the telecommunications sector
- Advising on other technology issues, including security, fair trading and competition, privacy, confidentiality and intellectual property ownership
- Disputes resolution assistance.
Our team and team members are recognised in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023 legal directory with clients quoted saying: "we only have positive things to say about Duncan Cotterill as a firm... it was crucial to work with a firm that has expertise in [our] area. In this instance, Duncan Cotterill delivered in what can only be described as an exemplary service."