New Zealanders care about the environment and protecting our natural resources, and at Duncan Cotterill we care about helping our clients navigate this fast changing legislative, political and ethical landscape.
We know many New Zealanders depend on those resources and the industries associated with them, whether its agribusiness, tourism, or catering to the housing and infrastructure demands of our growing populations. Which is why we believe it has never been more important to be educated and experienced in resource management and environmental law so we can help our clients make informed decisions.
Our team of environmental and resource management specialists have in-depth experience across the full range of natural resources and planning law, advising clients in:
- Ensuring proposed purchases or projects will meet environmental requirements
- Strategic planning and management of resource consent processes for new projects
- Opposing or challenging inappropriate projects, resource consents, or local body decisions
- Participating in the development and amendment of planning documents (plans and policy statements)
- Responding to enforcement investigations, notices, prosecutions and other proceedings
- Dealing with central and local government on conservation and reserves related issues and proceedings.
We help our domestic and international clients traverse this quickly evolving field by overcoming challenges and harnessing opportunities. Our clients range from private individuals through to dairy farmers and processors, miners, quarries, developers, foresters, marine farmers, insurers and the public sector. And we work across all sectors from rural through to coastal, marine, industrial and urban.
We represent our clients in hearings at all levels and forums, including council hearings and the District, Environment, High, Appeal and Supreme Courts.