I specialise in commercial and property law with a particular focus on rural law. I regularly advise clients in relation to business purchases, shareholders’ agreements, obtaining leasing matters, banking and finance, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, restructuring, collaborative agreements and joint ventures.
I have experience in a broad range of commercial law matters and have advised clients from a range of industries including construction, tourism, rural, forestry, aquaculture and property.
My recent experience includes advising:
- A dairy farm conversion and refinance.
- A property syndicate on the development and finance of a large scale residential subdivision.
- A developer on a commercial development, including leasing arrangements with national franchisees.
- On the sale and purchase of forestry land to an overseas entity.
- A Nelson franchisee expanding into Auckland, including negotiating and drafting documentation in respect to an option to purchase the underlying land.
- Clients on various commercial matters including structures, funding and contractual matters.
I am on the advisory board of the Nelson Giants Basketball team, and a volunteer for Nelson Coastguard.