I specialise in construction litigation and insurance law. I have particular expertise in the resolution of complex building disputes and over the course of my 17 years in practice have assisted owners, developers, contractors and consultants in all manner of project and contract disputes. I have a particular interest in regulatory compliance of building projects (Building Act / Building Code).
My recent experience has included:
- Acting as one of the senior legal advisors responsible for assisting Vero Insurance New Zealand Ltd with their complex losses arising from the Christchurch earthquakes.
- Being the lead advisor for the principal in a large arbitration matter arising from the Christchurch rebuild.
- Regularly appearing for Auckland City Council in their complex defective building litigation matters in the High Court.
- Advising an insurer on their contingent liability arising from defective repairs of earthquake damaged buildings.
- Acting for various Bodies Corporate in relation to insurance coverage disputes.
- Acting for Bodies Corporate in High Court defective building litigation.
I am a member of the Society of Construction Law New Zealand and the New Zealand Insurance Law Association.