My expertise is in commercial litigation and dispute resolution with a focus on insurance, health and safety, construction, insolvency and recovery actions. In the insurance sector I advise insurers on professional risks claims including the defence of statutory prosecutions, a broad range of fire and general claims, as well as life and health insurance.
In the health and safety area, I regularly defend prosecutions under health and safety legislation, principally on instructions from insurers and am a member of the Auckland District Law Society Health and Safety Law Committee.
Outside of the insurance sector, I act in construction disputes, insolvency disputes and have undertaken recovery work for a range of corporates and institutions.
Recent work includes acting:
- For a leading stevedoring company in respect of Maritime New Zealand and WorkSafe investigations
- For a variety of PCBU’s in relation to serious injury and fatality accidents including private prosecutions
- Parties under investigation by the Commerce Commission and defending subsequent prosecutions.
- In recovery proceedings in a variety of sectors such as marine, construction and insolvency.
- In construction disputes ranging from inner city commercial buildings to superyachts, through either High Court proceedings, arbitration or mediation.
- For insurers in a number of High Court proceedings in the Canterbury Earthquake list.
- For liquidators in the Court of Appeal in respect of a voidable transaction claim.