I am a commercial litigation and dispute resolution partner, with a focus on regulatory, construction, insurance, insolvency and recovery actions.
In the regulatory area, I regularly defend prosecutions under health and safety legislation, principally on instructions from insurers and am a former member of the Auckland District Law Society Health and Safety Law Committee. I am also an experienced practitioner in the field of enforceable undertakings.
In the insurance sector, I advise insurers on professional risks claims including the defence of statutory prosecutions, a broad range of fire and general claims, as well as life and health insurance.
Outside of the insurance sector, I act in construction disputes, insolvency disputes and have undertaken recovery work for a range of corporates and institutions.
Recent work includes:
• Acting for a leading stevedoring company in respect of Maritime New Zealand and WorkSafe
• Acting for a variety of PCBU’s in relation to serious injury and fatality accidents including private
• Acting for parties under investigation by the Commerce Commission and defending subsequent
• Recovery proceedings in a variety of sectors such as marine, construction and insolvency.
• Construction disputes ranging from inner city commercial buildings to superyachts, through either High
Court proceedings, arbitration or mediation.
• Acting for insurers in several High Court proceedings in the Canterbury Earthquake list.
• Acting for liquidators in the Court of Appeal in respect of a voidable transaction claim.
I co-lead the firm’s membership of Global Insurance Law Connect (GILC), a formal alliance of leading insurance law experts comprised of high-performing independent firms across the world that specialise in insurance law. GILC delivers a global reach and depth of service that no one firm can deliver on its own. I am also a contributing author to legal texts published by Chambers and Partners.
I am recognised as a recommended insurance lawyer by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022 directory.