My expertise is in commercial litigation and dispute resolution with a focus on insurance, health and safety, construction, insolvency and recovery actions. In the insurance sector I advise insurers on professional risks claims including the defence of statutory prosecutions and also a broad range of fire and general claims.
In the health and safety area, I regularly defend prosecutions under health and safety legislation, principally on instructions from insurers. I have been appointed to the newly convened Auckland District Law Society Health and Safety Law Committee.
Outside of the insurance sector, I act in construction disputes, insolvency disputes and have undertaken recovery work for a range of corporates and institutions.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for a leading stevedoring company in respect of Maritime New Zealand and Worksafe investigations
- Acting for a variety of PCBU’s in relation to serious injury and fatality accidents including private prosecutions
- Acting for parties under investigation by the Commerce Commission and defending the prosecutions that have followed.
- Recovery proceedings in a variety of sectors – including marine, construction, insolvency.
- Acting in construction disputes ranging from inner city commercial buildings to superyachts – resolving by High Court proceedings, arbitration and mediation.
- Acting for insurers in a number of High Court proceedings in the Canterbury Earthquake list.
- Appearing for liquidators in the Court of Appeal in respect of a voidable transaction claim.