I advise on a wide range of corporate and commercial law, including overseas investments, mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring, employee share schemes, shareholders’ agreements, corporate governance and commercial contracts. I act for clients in a broad range of industry sectors including agribusiness (Craigmore Farming), technology and consumer finance. In addition to my New Zealand experience I have worked in international firms in both London and Birmingham in the United Kingdom and am qualified to practice law in both New Zealand and England and Wales.
I use my legal knowledge along with a pragmatic commercial approach to help clients achieve their aims. I have worked with a diverse range of clients, from start-up companies to acquisitions of international companies with a value equivalent to over $300 million. Having spent over a year out on secondment with a client I understand the pressures clients can face and how to try to resolve these matters, rather than presenting obstacles.
My recent work includes advising:
- A NZX listed client to ensure their consumer contracts comply with the CCCFA.
- On a number of overseas investment office applications for the acquisition of sensitive land for kiwifruit orchards, apple orchards, cropping and dairy farms, along with exemption applications and variations to existing consents.
- On the acquisition of a number of dairy farms, orchards and cropping farms.
- Heilongjiang Binxi Cattle Industry Co Limited on a takeover bid for Blue Sky Meats Limited in compliance with the New Zealand Takeovers Code, valued at approximately $25 million.
- A cross-jurisdictional client on employee incentivisation methods.
- An engineering company in respect of their shareholders’ agreements for both of their UK and New Zealand entities.
- On the acquisition of a chain of UK care homes, which included cross-jurisdictional elements, with a value of approximately $300 million.