I advise on a wide range of corporate and commercial law, including overseas investments, mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring, employee share schemes, shareholders’ agreements, corporate governance and commercial contracts. I act for clients in a broad range of industry sectors including agriculture, technology and consumer finance. In addition to my New Zealand experience I have worked in international firms in both London and Birmingham in the United Kingdom.
I use my legal knowledge along with a pragmatic commercial approach to help clients achieve their aims. I have worked with a diverse range of clients, from start-up companies to acquisitions of international companies with a value equivalent to over $300 million.
My recent work includes advising on:
- The acquisition of, including obtaining Overseas Investment Office consents for, a number of kiwifruit orchards.
- A takeover bid in compliance with the New Zealand Takeovers Code, valued at approximately $25 million.
- A start-up business, with specific assistance on company incorporation, shareholders’ agreement and lease of commercial premises.
- A phantom share option plan as a method of employee incentivisation.
- The acquisition of a chain of United Kingdom care homes, which included cross-jurisdictional elements, with a value of approximately $300 million.
- A rescue deal for a United Kingdom based law firm that was about to be put into administration.