I am an Associate in the Auckland employment team assisting a wide range of clients at all stages of employment matters. I have practised employment law in New Zealand and Australia.
My expertise ranges from providing advice on personal grievances, bullying and harassment, restructuring and redundancies, disciplinary procedures, performance management, medical incapacity, drafting and advising on a variety of agreements, undertaking employment due diligence for small and large transactions, and conducting sensitive workplace investigations.
I am a competent advocate, having represented clients in a number of disciplinary and performance meetings, and mediations. I also have experience in assisting with hearings in the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court.
My recent work includes:
- Advising senior executives of a multi-national company in relation to the managed exit of a Managing Director;
- Providing advice on complex Holidays Act 2003 provisions;
- Advising on a large restructure for a private sector client which resulted in multiple redundancies;
- Running a performance management training session for managers of a large employer and a full day investigations training session for HR professionals and managers;
- Undertaking a workplace investigation into allegations of bullying and sexual harassment, including interviewing of witnesses and preparing the investigation report; and
- Assisting SMEs and multi-national corporate clients to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting legislation and government guidelines.
I am admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand and as a Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.