I advise on a wide range of corporate law and governance issues, including mergers and acquisitions, MBOs, joint ventures, private equity, venture capital, securities, restructurings, and technology. I have held corporate/commercial roles with top tier firms in New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the Cayman Islands. I offer a high level of commercial expertise in my advice. I focus on understanding complex commercial and legal issues and finding innovative and pragmatic business solutions for my clients.
I work with corporate and technology clients on operational matters such as supply and distribution arrangements, manufacturing issues, compliance, contracting, outsourcing and tendering. I have particular experience advising boards and senior management on technology and biotech issues and sit on advisory boards for a number of companies, particularly in the technology sector.
I bring a sophisticated international perspective to my work, having advised on substantial corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, MBOs and private equity deals with some of the worlds’ largest financial institutions and Sovereign Wealth Funds, including JP Morgan Asset Management, Barclays Capital, Goldman Sachs, the Emirates Investment Authority and Investment Corporation of Dubai. I am qualified to practice in New Zealand, England and Wales and the Cayman Islands; and are recognised as a recommended lawyer for TMT in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 legal directory.
My recent client work includes advising:
- The board of NZX listed Smiths City on its pre-packaged receivership sale;
- Polar Capital on the pre-packaged receivership acquisition of JUCY Rentals Group;
- ECL Group on the sale of its Fuels and Technology divisions to Counties Power;
- Stantec Inc. on the acquisition of Traffic Design Group Limited;
- The owners of MOVE Logistics Limited on the sale to TIL Group;
- The owners of Edward Gibbon Plumbing on the sale to Reece Australia;
- The owners of Linewize Limited on the sale to ASX listed company Family Zone Cyber Safety Limited;
- NSF International Food Safety, a global food and environmental standards firm, on their acquisition of the Burwater Pacific Group.
- MWH Holdings Limited and Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. on their New Zealand employee share schemes and financial markets advice.