I advise on a wide range of corporate law and governance issues, including mergers and acquisitions, MBOs, joint ventures, private equity, venture capital, securities, restructurings, and technology. I have held corporate/commercial roles with top tier firms in New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the Cayman Islands. I offer a high level of commercial expertise in my advice. I focus on understanding complex commercial and legal issues and finding innovative and pragmatic business solutions for my clients.
I work with corporate and technology clients on operational matters such as supply and distribution arrangements, manufacturing issues, compliance, contracting, outsourcing and tendering. I have particular experience advising boards and senior management on technology and biotech issues and sit on advisory boards for a number of companies, particularly in the technology sector.
I bring a sophisticated international perspective to my work, having advised on substantial corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, MBOs and private equity deals with some of the worlds’ largest financial institutions, including JP Morgan Asset Management, Barclays Capital and Goldman Sachs. I am qualified to practice in New Zealand, England and Wales and the Cayman Islands; and are recognised as a recommended lawyer for TMT in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 legal directory.
My recent client work includes advising:
- NSF International Food Safety, a global food and environmental standards firm, on their acquisition of the Burwater Pacific Group.
- MWH Holdings Limited and Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. on their New Zealand employee share schemes and financial markets advice.
- On the sale of Holly Lea Retirement Village by the McLean Institute.
- RedSeed and Debtor Daddy on capital-raising and commercial matters.
- Lincoln University’s Research and Innovation unit in respect of project development and innovation matters.
- Canterbury University on NZX compliance matters for its listed bond.
Other past clients include Accor Hotels, Canterbury District Health Board, CERA, Leopard Coachlines Limited, Pegasus Health, Microsoft, Hanesbrands, LogicaCMG, Johnson Controls Inc. and Lastminute.com.