I am a seasoned litigation and dispute resolution lawyer specialising in employment law. I am also experienced in commercial litigation, medico-legal matters and local authority regulation as a prosecutor. I have represented clients in a wide range of disputes in various courts and tribunals including mediation, the Employment Relations Authority, the District Court, the High Court and a number of specialist tribunals. I enjoy building strong relationships with clients, understanding their matter and then providing clear and practical solution based advice that delivers results.
I have presented at seminars, advising on updates and changes to legislation, employment agreements and processes, as well as setting out procedures and 'how to' guides for clients involved in various disputes and litigation.
I am an experienced mentor, supervisor and leader to junior lawyers, assisting with their professional growth and providing feedback in a way that develops the person in a positive manner, enabling them to flourish and produce work to the best of their abilities.
My employment law practice covers the full spectrum of employment law including contentious and non-contentious matters. I act for employers and employees and provide advice and representation on all aspects of employment law including:
- Disciplinary and performance matters;
- Restructuring and redundancy procedures;
- Personal grievances;
- Restraint of trade disputes;
- Protection of IP/confidential information;
- Performance management;
- Medical incapacity;
- Holidays and leave;
- Employment agreements and policies;
- Independent contractor arrangements;
- Health and safety;
- Independent investigations into workplace complaints.
Other litigation and dispute resolution
I have represented Deloitte in commercial litigation, Accident Compensation Corporation in appeals, prosecutions for territorial authorities and corporate and individual clients requiring the resolution of significant disputes. Examples include:
- Debt realisations and recoveries including voidable preference issues and director claims;
- Company and shareholder disputes;
- Medical appeals involving administrative decisions;
- Lead prosecutor Dog Control Act 1996 matters;
- Prosecutor for Building Act 2004 matters.