I specialise in intellectual property (IP), consumer and marketing law, spanning a range of contentious and non-contentious IP issues in both Australia and New Zealand, involving:
- Trade marks;
- Domain names;
- Plant variety rights;
- Trade secrets;
- Product labelling; and
I regularly assist clients with:
- Identifying and protecting IP rights;
- Strategising risk associated with launching new products and brands;
- Commercialising, purchasing and transferring IP rights; and
- Enforcing and defending their IP rights.
Examples of my recent experience include:
- Advising a well-known entertainment brand on the enforcement of its trade mark rights in Australia;
- Assisting well-known, global tech companies with the protection of their brands in both Australia and New Zealand;
- Overseeing the protection and enforcement of global trade mark portfolios for large, iconic NZ brands;
- Assisting local and overseas clients with the enforcement of design rights and copyright; and
- Advising on the enforcement and licensing of one of the most well-known certification trade marks in New Zealand.
I am recognised as a recommended lawyer in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023 for Intellectual Property and I am listed in the IP Stars 2022 directory as a 'Rising Star'. I hold memberships with the International Trade Mark Association (INTA), the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ), and the New Zealand Law Society.