I am a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer with experience in regulatory defence work and investigations, insurance law and civil litigation. I have broad experience, having previously worked with a leading financial services law firm and in public law.
My work includes advising insurers on indemnity in relation to general and statutory liability, representing insurers in the civil jurisdiction and acting for individuals and companies in the regulatory and civil jurisdictions. Particular areas of interest and specialty include health and safety and resource management defence work, especially in the logistics, primary and maritime sectors (notably relating to ports and the waterfront).
I frequently have matters in the District Court and the High Court as well as specialist and sector-specific tribunals.
Recent work includes:
• Acting for a variety of businesses being investigated and/or prosecuted under the Health and Safety at
• Acting for stevedoring, logistics and other maritime businesses
• Acting for farmers and others in relation to RMA prosecutions
• Acting for companies who have been prosecuted by the Commerce Commission under the Fair Trading
Act and Consumer Guarantees Act
• Acting for insurers in defence of liability claims and on subrogated recoveries
• Acting in judicial review proceedings
I am a member of the Auckland District Law Society Health & Safety Law Committee.