I am a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer with experience in insurance law, regulatory defence work and investigations, and commercial litigation. I have broad experience, having previously worked with a leading financial services law firm and in public law.
My work includes advising insurers on indemnity in relation to general and statutory liability, representing insurers in the civil jurisdiction and acting for individuals and companies in the criminal, regulatory and civil jurisdictions. Particular areas of interest and specialty include health and safety and resource management defence work, especially in the logistics, primary and maritime sectors (notably relating to ports and the waterfront).
I frequently have matters in the District Court and the High Court as well as specialist and sector-specific tribunals. Recent work of note includes:
- Acting for a variety of businesses being investigated and/or prosecuted under the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Acting for a leading stevedoring and port logistics company
- Acting for farmers and others in relation to RMA prosecutions
- Acting for companies who have been prosecuted by the Commerce Commission for Fair Trading Act breaches
- Acting for insurers in subrogated recoveries and in connection with the Christchurch Earthquakes
I strive to provide representation that is robust and advice and support that is sensitive to the stresses that disputes often create.
I am a member of the Auckland District Law Society Health & Safety Law Committee.