I specialise in property law and advise clients on all aspects of commercial property law including commercial and residential property developments, subdivisions, unit title issues, leasing, commercial and residential building contracts and construction, property acquisitions and disposals and land related issues.
I work with a number of leading developers and well-known national businesses on all their property and related needs. I work alongside clients from the initial stages of any proposed development providing strategies for the best approach, and advising on all issues right through to completion. I also regularly work with clients when they are looking to consolidate their property portfolio advising on the sale of commercial property such as a large scale shopping centre, commercial office buildings and other commercial premises.
My recent experience includes:
- acting on the sale of a large carparking building with retail in Christchurch
- advising clients on a staged unit title development
- advising on fee simple subdivisions with residents’ associations
- assisting with due diligence in connection with acquisition of commercial and industrial sites
- advising clients on acquisition of “off the plans” residential properties
- acting for developers in connection with various complex subdivisions and advising on the financing aspects in connection with clients’ property developments
- negotiating leases for commercial premises and advising on leasing disputes
I have presented seminars for clients and associations on commercial leasing issues relating to earthquake–prone buildings; and navigating the property market for first home buyers.