Working with us
How can we help you
Every day, our 180+ lawyers help enterprising companies and individuals to navigate their legal issues so that they can achieve their goals. If you want to work with lawyers who have both subject matter and industry expertise, big firm experience, and who can support you both nationally and internationally, then we’d love to hear from you.
Sustainability, environment and wellbeing focus
Duncan Cotterill is committed to our role in the community, both as a business, employer and to our people and clients. We are developing a sustainability strategy which will set out the firm’s initiatives and actions with regards to the firms commitment to our environment, our people and community, and a sustainable future.
Pro-bono work allows us to draw on our knowledge and expertise to benefit charities, people, local communities and organisations that align with our core values. It’s part of belonging and giving back. Examples of the types of work we have acted on in a pro-bono capacity are governance issues, intellectual property and brand protection, employment, establishment of trusts and company incorporations.
Our firm facts
- 30+ ASX and NZX listed companies work with us
- Appointed to the All of Government Panel for External Legal Services.
- New Zealand member of TerraLex, a global network of high quality legal professionals operating across 100+ countries.
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA), giving access to 5,900 trademark owners, professionals and academics from more than 190 countries.
- A signatory to the Gender Equality Charter.
- Member of the New Zealand Women’s Empowerment Principles.
- An Accredited Living Wage Employer 2022/2023.
Civil Aviation Authority
Sport New Zealand
University of Canterbury