Cookies - automated collection
When you visit this website, Duncan Cotterill may use automated technology (such as usage monitoring software, cookies, and sessions) to collect and store certain information about your visit, including without limitation:
- The IP address and domain name used by your device to connect to the Internet;
- The operating system and the browser your device uses, and any search engine used to access this website;
- The date and time you are visiting;
- The pages you visit; and
Use and disclosure
We will only use or disclose Personal Information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you:
- If you have authorised us to do so;
- If we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure;
- If we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions;
- If we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others; or
- If we are authorised, required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
We may use or disclose Personal Information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you, for any of the following purposes:
- to provide our legal services and client services;
- to process your Personal Information for our own internal business purposes;
- to carry out firm and trust account transactions, such as client billing and payments, firm creditors, employee transactions and client trust account transactions;
- to undertake credit management activities;
- for debt recovery purposes, which may also include disclosing information to debt collectors;
- for dealing with commercial or legal conflicts;
- to provide promotional information and newsletters in hard copy or electronic form, or information that we believe may be of interest;
- to communicate with clients, potential clients, suppliers, staff, contractors and others;
- to purchase products and services; or
- to comply with our legal obligations, and to meet our reporting obligations as required by law.
We will not sell, rent, or lease your Personal Information to third parties.
Storage and security
Duncan Cotterill will ensure that the Personal Information we hold is protected (against loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised use, unauthorised modification, unauthorised disclosure, and other misuse) by such security safeguards as it is reasonable in the circumstances for us to take. This extends to Personal Information held or processed on our behalf (such as in a cloud environment).
Click here for additional information for European Economic Area (EEA) clients.
Rights of access and correction
You may request access to, or correction of, any personal information we hold about you by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information to ensure it is as up to date as possible.
Third party content
This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any Personal Information you provide. When visiting a third party website from hyperlinks displayed on this website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the Personal Information you provide will be will collected, stored, used and distributed.
Unsolicited electronic messages - approval
To the extent you provide us with an email address, you agree that we may send you commercial electronic messages.