Pro-bono work allows us to draw on our knowledge and expertise to benefit charities, people, local communities and organisations that align with our core values. It’s part of belonging and giving back. Examples of the types of work we have acted on in a pro-bono capacity are governance issues, intellectual property and brand protection, employment, establishment of trusts and company incorporations.
Click here to read our annual pro-bono report, where we feature three of our clients who we have assisted with legal work to bring their dreams to fruition.
New Zealand is lucky to boast world class artists, with the ability to transform our built and recreational environments into enriching spaces of contemplation and beauty. Forward thinking and progressive enterprise has always been in our nature at Duncan Cotterill, and we are proud to have recently supported the following:
Business is paramount to the success of our communities, and we believe in both actively utilising our own resources and also partnering with organisations that are making a real difference. We are actively involved with:
- The Institute of Directors
- New Zealand Scandinavia Business Association
- Insurance Council of New Zealand
- Young Insurance Professionals
- Human Resources Institute of New Zealand
- West Coast Leading Light Business Excellence Awards
- Nelson Young Professionals
- International Society of Construction Law.
Without our thirst for technological advancement, New Zealand business would never be able to compete on the world stage. We salute this ingenuity, and our support of the following ventures shows our commitment to ensuring we stay ahead:
- NZ Hi-Tech Awards
- Canterbury Angels
- Canterbury Development Corporation Amplifier Programme
- EPIC Innovation Centre
- Lightning Lab
We make an active contribution to community governance through partners and staff contributing their time and expertise on a pro bono basis to community boards and charitable trusts.
Our team are actively involved in:
- Air New Zealand Earthquake Trust
- Canterbury Angels Investors Incorporated
- Canterbury Charity Hospital Trust
- Dunedin Venues Management Limited
- Hohepa Canterbury
- National Council of Women of New Zealand
- Nelson Giants
- Netball Central Zone
- NZ Football Executive Committee
- YMCA Auckland
We are also proud to support:
We believe in a sustainable New Zealand for future generations, so it has been a pleasure to support the following in a pro-bono capacity:
- Eden Project New Zealand
- Te Tapuwae o Rakau Trust
- The Brook Waimarama Sanctuary
We believe that every business should do what it can to raise environmental awareness and incorporate practical measures to increase environmental wellbeing into everyday business practices.Initiatives we have introduced include reducing waste and recycling materials, minimising electricity and water consumption and reusing materials wherever possible.