Technology permeates life at every point these days. It’s this fundamental change that has seen the technology sector become a significant driver of the weightless economy in New Zealand. We work alongside the technology companies driving this sector, whether in start-up, emerging or made it on the local or global stage mode.
The vast amount of work we do in this sector, the regularity of that work and the diversity of the projects gives us a deep understanding of what’s going on.
We can assist technology companies and clients with specific legal issues across not just technology but also the media and telecommunications sectors – from licensing or SaaS models to commercial issues involving consulting, services, outsourcing, telecommunications, radiocommunications, web-based enterprise or cloud computing to regulatory issues.
We also keep close to the sector through our ongoing support, and long standing sponsorship, of the Hi Tech Awards. You can have total faith in the quality of our advice, our familiarity with the legal issues, and our understanding of the commercial challenges facing companies.
Our technology sector services include:
- Working with clients on collaboration arrangements
- M&A, capital raising and listing advice
- Assisting with all aspects of establishing international structures and operating globally
- Acquiring radiospectrum rights
- Advising on regulatory issues in the telecommunications sector
- Advising on other technology issues, including security, fair trading and competition, privacy, confidentiality and intellectual property ownership
- Disputes resolution assistance