I work extensively on commercial property matters and assist a number of large clients with their commercial leasing and property development needs. I also have expertise in wider corporate and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, IT law and general commercial contract negotiation. Specialising in these areas has seen me create close working relationships with clients both in New Zealand and offshore.
My recent experience includes advising:
- A major New Zealand retailer on business acquisitions and commercial retail leases across New Zealand.
- Other national and global brands on their New Zealand leasing portfolios.
- An Auckland property developer on its acquisition of a major shopping mall in Auckland, and all associated leasing work.
- An engineering client on its $60 million share sale, and all related attendances (including managing due diligence processes and drafting transaction documentation).
- On business structuring and financing for joint venture clients acquiring commercial property for redevelopment purposes.
- Commercial lenders and borrowers on various lending transactions for financing ranging from $5 million to $12 million.
I am a member of the Property Council New Zealand's Women in Property group.
I am currently on parental leave.