I specialise in civil litigation, with a particular focus on working for insurers across a wide range of matters. I have experience acting in relation to professional indemnity and leaky building disputes, earthquake litigation, subrogated recovery and defence litigation for insurers. I also have considerable commercial litigation experience, including company and shareholder disputes. In addition I have considerable employment law experience, having acted for employers and employees in a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters including health and safety investigations and prosecutions.
I have been involved in numerous High Court proceedings in New Zealand and England. I spent four years in London where I acted for a wide variety of clients and have had experience with matters in the London Court of International Arbitration and the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court.
My recent experience includes:
- Professional indemnity claims against professional service providers, including architects, engineers and real estate agents.
- Advising businesses and private clients in respect of employment law proceedings, including restraint of trade and disciplinary issues.
- Acting for insurers in respect of earthquake litigation.
- Acting for a private individual in respect of fraud proceedings brought by a foreign state.
- Representing clients in respect of health and safety investigations and prosecutions, including in relation to a fatality.