Energy and Renewables
A core value of Duncan Cotterill is our enterprising nature, and we’re at the forefront of developments in the energy and renewables sectors, supporting a range of clients in this space.
New Zealand’s sustainable energy sector is expanding with a focus on zero emission energy sources such as hydro power, solar, wind farms, bioenergy and geothermal. With expertise and resources across our five offices, we utilise our local knowledge and regional understanding.
Our team of energy and renewables experts are across the current trends and latest technological advances in renewable energy sector. Our experts advise right across the renewable and energy sectors (upstream, midstream and downstream), and we act for both national and international clients at all stages of their projects.
Our legal experts have vast experience working seamlessly as part of multi-jurisdictional project teams, particularly on large-scale, complex projects.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Overseas investment and entrance into the NZ market
- Construction, finance, and large infrastructure projects
- Commercial contracts and M&A
- Regulatory advice
- Permits and licenses
- Resource management
- IP and trade marks
Our recent experience includes:
- We work with energy companies, investors, developers and those in the wider energy market on a range of matters, including advising on:
- Takeovers for electricity companies
- Sales of electricity companies
- Sales of stakes in a power company
- On power station bids
- PPA arrangements.
- We work on all aspects of renewable energy developments from conception through to construction, including advising on:
- Hydro development projects
- Wind development projects
- Solar development projects
- EPC, Supply and Install and O&M Contracts
- Environment Court proceedings
- Landowner access arrangements
- Renewable energy development investments for international private equity companies.