I specialise in commercial law with a particular focus on property. My property clients are diverse, ranging from local residents and SMEs to overseas investors. I advise property developers, commercial property owners, rural land owners and property syndicates. My experience includes advising on financing, structuring, sale/purchase transactions and commercial leasing.
I am also experienced in a range of commercial law matters and advise on all aspects of business establishment, finance, transactions and joint ventures. I advise clients in a range of industries including fishing, food and beverage, mining and viticulture.
I have an interest in immigration and foreign investment into New Zealand, and act for overseas clients acquiring business or property interests in New Zealand or investing in New Zealand. I provide advice on the various immigration categories and submit applications to Immigration New Zealand for clients, particularly under the business, investor, and skilled categories. I also regularly advise on the restrictions on overseas persons acquiring assets in New Zealand imposed by the Overseas Investment Act.
I also advise private clients on trust establishment and administration as well as estate planning and administration.
Some of my recent work includes advising:
- Overseas clients investing in property assets in New Zealand, including advice on immigration and the Overseas Investment Act.
- On the sale and purchase of a wide range of rural properties, including dairy farms and vineyards.
- Nelson Marlborough District Health Board on commercial contracts and property matters.
- McCashin’s Brewery in relation to various supply and distribution arrangements.
- A property syndicate on the purchase and financing of commercial and development properties.
- A fishing company in relation to fishing vessel transactions.
I am an active member of the local business community. I am a committee member of the local branch of the Institute of Directors, a trustee and deputy chair of the Nelson Bays Community Foundation and a mentor with Business Mentors New Zealand.