I specialise in litigation and dispute resolution across many aspects of property, commercial and company law. I have experience in debt recovery and insolvency proceedings, including liquidations and bankruptcies. I also have a particular interest in corporate governance issues which involve directors duties and shareholder disputes.
My recent experience includes:
- Acting for a large corporate in the removal of a land covenant, which impeded its ability to sell the land.
- Acting for property developers on proceedings to sustain caveats, and also to oppose the sustaining of caveats.
- Acting for a director in relation to defending an application to have the director banned.
- Advising an Australian finance company on New Zealand PPSR issues in insolvency situations.
- Advising an Australasian corporate on its interactions with the Commerce Commission in relation to its terms and conditions and business practices.
- Advising insurers on material damage claims and recovery actions.
I am a member of RITANZ (Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association of New Zealand Incorporated) and WIRI (Women in Restructuring and Insolvency).